Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Virtual Card Making Party Challenge #1 & #3

Today I'm showing a card I made for the VCMP challenge which fills the requirements for 2 different challenges:

 Challenge #1, Zig Zag Your Card- use a zig zag element on your card


I used my new and  I've never used this before " Chevron " embossing folder.
I used chalks to color the background. I tried to use colors I see in the Arizona sunsets. The stamp I used is a desert scene.  A piece of twine for accent and a black base card was used.

This card is also my entry for:

 Challenge # 3 Texture Omit/Selective Embossing Challenge



I followed the directions for making a diffuser out of cardboard (cereal boxes). I cut the oval shape out using my Sizzix die. The card was placed in the embossing folder and the cardboard diffuser was placed over the folder. When I ran it through the Cuttlebug the chevron pattern appeared in the area covered by the cardboard  and the oval space didn't have any texture.  I'm making more diffusers today using my other Sizzix dies. I love this technique!



1 comment: