Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mostly White On White With A Touch of Lavender

Today I'm sharing a birthday card that I made for a friend of mine who lives in the great state of  Iowa.
As soon as the picture is taken and this blog post is written the card will go in the mail.


The lavender paper is from a paper pack that has been in my stash for a very long time.
 Stamped the SU sentiment and the SU Petite Petals onto snippets of card.
The Distress Ink "Dusty Concord" matched the lavender paper perfectly.
The Spellbinders "Foliage"  die  is new.
There is a sprig of foliage in there that's cut  using  a Penny Black die.
Spellbinders "Fleur de Lis Rectangles" die.
 The embossing folder is an old one from  Cuttlebug.

 This is going to be a very busy week. It's County Fair time! My daughter-in-law, granddaughter and myself will all be entering items at the fair this year. Three generations. Most of our entries will be in the Culinary Division. We will all be baking and of course there will be greeting cards, and knitting, and quilts entered. I'll share pictures next week.

I'm going to take the  time to join my friends at Pixie's Snippets Playground this week. Hope you'll visit too!

Have a great day and ta ta for now.
Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I love this card you've made for your friend.There are so many lovely pieces to it. Everything just goes together so well. I really like those little SU flowers. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy
    thank you for entering the playground with your stunning card.
    I love all of the texture you have created and the lovely soft colours - fabulous!
    Good luck at the County Fair - I can't wait to see the photos!
    Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card kathy and that pop of purple is just the crowning glory! Good luck with the Country fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant. I like the soft lavender accents on this card against the embosing folders. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant. Love the splash of lilac. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lavendar touches look so feminine with the crisp white, and all that gorgeous embossing on the background. Like the layering of the shapes of the mats over that, and the scant layers of the lavendar showing with just a hint. Great coloring on the tiny florals, and the way you've added in the branches & grass shapes made such a pretty floral bouquet. Your friend will love it too. Best of luck at the Fair, hope you win big time. Have fun. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, just joined your lovely blog, your cards and in particular this one, is a real stunner....xx
    {aNNie The Journey Is The Start My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that scalloped mat and lovely lavender color. Good luck to all of you at the Fair. Three generations entering things is so great. It's wonderful that you are all crafty at so many things. Can't wait to see everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card for your friend with all of that lovely embossing and touch of purple color! Best wishes at the county fair too - I'll be your taste tester :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kathy! I love the little touches of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lavender and white, a perfect combination. Beautiful design, Kathy. xx

    ReplyDelete