Sunday, June 16, 2013

OWH Design Bootcamp-Basic Color Theory

Way back in January,on  the Stars and Stamps blog  of  OWH , a new "Design Bootcamp" feature started. The first month the lesson was on "Color Theory". The first assignment for the class was to choose from one of the basic Color Harmonies, Monochromatic, Analogous, Complimentary or Colors From Nature and create a card with it.

I'm going to try to get caught up with this challenge so here is my card using the Monochromatic color harmony.
I saw a card like this on Pinterest and fell in love with it the moment I saw it.

I used my distress inks in colors Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo and SU Espresso. Brown papers from my paper stash.

1 comment:

  1. This is a sweet design and the Monochromatic Color Scheme works very well with it. It's always a good choice for clean, simple, elegnat designs like this one. Thanks for joining in the January Bootcamp. If you'd like the PDF summary of the class just email me at paula at operationwritehome.org and I'll get it right over to you.

    Paula S.
    OWH Bootcamp Instructor

    ReplyDelete