Saturday, August 31, 2013

OWH Labor Day Weekend "Virtual Card Making Party'

OWH's Labor Day Weekend "Virtual Card Making Party starts today. Check out the Stars and Stamps blog because on Saturday and Sunday a new challenge will be posted every 3 hours. All who want to participate in the challenge can post pictures of their creations.

This is my card for Challenge #1
Make a Christmas themed card following the sketch provided:

I
I used different embossed squares and glued them to a silver glitter paper (I tested it and the glitter doesn't come off). I stamped the sentiment  with Versa Mark and embossed it with silver.

CHALLENGE #2
For Challenge #2 we are to create a card using elements that represent the letters of OWH (Operation Write Home).

I made a very masculine card and  the elements I  used:
O is an oval for the center focal point
W is the wheat I stamped inside the oval
H is the handwriting I used as a background inside the oval

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love all of the different embossing patterns! This might just be one of my favorites!! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Nancy said! I am so going to CASE that first card! And the 2nd is a super unique take on the second challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your first card! I will definitely CASE that one. I have only checked in to the first blog hop challenge, so don't know what the sample or other entries look like, but you 2nd card is great. It looks like you incorporated several techniques. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 1st card , all the different embossing it wonderful!! The 2nd is unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first card is beautiful, I love how you embossed each square. our second card is very pretty, and great for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your first card- I am totally stealing- ok borrowing this one- BEAUTIFUL! And you rocked my challenge- an awesome masculine O-W-H card! Thanks for taking part in my challenge and for your support of OWH and our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely. I am a follower now because I love your card style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you added the layer behind the squares.

    ReplyDelete