Thursday, January 30, 2014

One Of Those "Special" Birthday Cards

Our youngest grandson's birthday is in February.  As  Pinterest is always a treasure chest of ideas for special cards,  I spent some quality time searching for just the right one. It had to have a "music" theme.

Hope he likes this one:


The paper used for this card is from my stash.

The music background is a stamp from Stampabilities.

The Happy Birthday sentiment is an "Elizabeth Craft" die.

 A friend of mine found these  dies and  let me borrow hers.  After cutting some of these out using my Cuttlebug  and then  using them on a few of my cards, I was sold.  I ordered a whole assortment of different sentiments.  She recommended using a micro-dot glue runner to apply the cut outs. I tried it and it works great.

I had to take a little break from my card making so I could get a book read. Our book study group will be discussing the book "Unbroken"  by Laura Hillenbrand at our meeting this weekend. It was a very good book!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today and I  hope you'll stop back again soon.
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment