Monday, January 6, 2014

Snowflakes

 The snowman digital image from "A Day For Daisies" is so cute that I couldn't  make just one card. I colored about a half dozen more of this little guy and then worked on a few more cards with a snowman theme.

This card is a variation of the flip card. I don't have the special dies to cut the circle flip so I did some strategic cutting with the Spellbinders Circle Die. 


 When I used  the snowflake embossing folder  for the inside of the card I used a diffuser so the the center circle would not be embossed. I stamped it with a "Warm Thoughts" sentiment from Paper Smooches.



I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Words 2 Scrap By Challenge #1 "My Favorite Things"
This is a new Card Challenge Blog and we are to  use words to inspire our creativity. This month our inspiration comes in the form of the song "My Favorite Things" from  Rogers and Hammerstein's "The Sound Of Music"
 The inspiration for my card came from the words of the song "Snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes".

Cards In Envy
The current theme is "SNOW BUDDY LIKE YOU"
My card is A2 size. I colored the image with colored pencils and used baby oil to blend the colors.
Card stock is Stampin Up and Spellbinders Circle Die and a Snowflake embossing folder was used.




10 comments:

  1. Love how your card turned out. Cute snowman image and love your embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your snowman card! It is a really cute image and I love your embossing and the design of the card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, This card is so very pretty! And, I love all the different techniques that you used. Thanks so much for joining us for the first W2SB challenge -- and for the blog shout out. We are glad you played along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super job coloring this sweet little snowman! Between the cheery image and the flip design, I'm sure your card will bring a smile to the recipient's face. Thanks for joining our challenge at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your embossing and sweet snowman!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on this card and love hw it opens. Thanks for playing at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy this is a beautiful card. Your oh so soft sponging around your snowman is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job adapting your tools to make your flip card. It definitely reminds me of snowflakes falling!! Thanks for playing along with Words 2 Scrap By!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is lovely...!
    Have you been knitting lately?
    Your follower,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy,

    Congratulations on being the first ever W2SB challenge winner!

    Please send us an e-mail at words2scrapby[at]gmail[dot]com so we can make arrangements for some prizes to come your way. :)

    ReplyDelete