Friday, December 13, 2013

A New Christmas Card

A couple of weeks ago I posted a "Butterfly Card" that was a favorite of mine. Using that card as inspiration I made a few Christmas Cards for family. 

This is my "Cardinal Card."

I sponged the cloud background with distress ink. The white layer is a birch tree embossing folder by Darice. The oval was cut with a Spellbinder die and sponged with more clouds. The cardinal is a Stampin Up stamp that I colored with colored pencils and blended with baby oil.

This is a tri-fold card


The background was sponged with even more clouds. The birch trees are a Impression Obsession die and the red cardinals were also from that die. The  "Memory Box, Deer Trio Die" was also used.

This card will be entered in the
Simon Says Challenge - Let It Snow 

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, Love the card, wish I was family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your embossed scene! It is so serene and beautiful. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card - a great design and such stunning images - your embossing and inking is fantastic!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete