Monday, October 6, 2014

Another Friendly Challenge

Or perhaps  this post should have been titled  " A Challenge Between Friends" ? Oh well, however you say it, my good friend Cindy recently suggested a challenge for the two of us to complete.

Cindy challenged me to use some of my Gelli Print Papers to make anything but a card or a tag and to post the finished item or items on our blogs.
Go visit Cindy's blog "Stitches In Time" and see what she created for this challenge.

Cindy and I both have Gelli Plates and have been spending time printing paper. The paper  printing is fun but coming up with uses for the paper is another matter.

 This is what I created and they are called Artist Trading Blocks.

I made them in only two sizes because I only had two sheets of printed paper that would work for this.
 The paper was printed using orange, cream and yellow acrylic paints.  From snippets of black card stock I cut out Southwest images using my Cricut.

Those snippets qualify this project to be entered in Pixies Playground Challenge 

Here are some more views of the Artist Trading Blocks.

















If you're wondering why I used the Southwest designs on the blocks, we have now made the move from Minnesota to Arizona.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I hope you will try some of these Artist Trading Blocks. Leave a comment to let me know what you think of my project and sign up as a follower and please  come back again soon.

Have a wonderful day.
Kathy


10 comments:

  1. These ATC blocks look GREAT. Although I don't own a gelli plate . . . I know what you mean about having fun MAKING backgrounds, but then wondering what to do with them when they are dry!!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy, these are really clever. Great way to use up Gelli plate prints too :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am resisting buying any gelli plates. Your paper is super with those images. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kathy! You have out done yourself once again. Super job. They are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making the move to warmer climates! I love the boxes with the southwestern flair! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some pretty paper! The boxes are a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, love the idea of the boxes, great post. I love the gelli plate, but do not use it so often. thanks for sharing these i will check the links mentioned! the 1st time visiting your blog! If you like challenges, I started a new "Throwback Thursday" challenge at my blog. Hope to see you popping by one of these days!
    hugs form California
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant project. The black looks so striking against the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning project. I've not heard of Artist Trading blocks before

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, these are brilliant. I love your Gelli prints, great combination of colours, a fabulous background for the black images. Wishing you good luck in your new home. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete