Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Did I Say That I Love Butterflies?

This is the card that I made using  the scraps of paper left over from the mini album that I shared yesterday. I love using this  Memory Box "Pippi" Butterfly die. It's the perfect size for this card.


I used snippets of gold glitter paper for one of the layers, the butterfly and the sentiment. This card is being entered in the Pixie's Snippets Playground #143 Challenge.

This is a view of the inside of the card. I left it blank because I want to write a short note to the recipient of this card.

I've tried many different techniques for making flip cards and found them all to be rather difficult  but when my friend Janet showed our group this Sizzix die and how to use it, I ordered a die for myself and love it. Check out this You Tube Video Thinlits Card Die with Extended Flap by Dawn O.
  These cards are so much fun to make and they are great for using some of those small pieces of designer paper from other projects.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty Kathy! Am sure that my pall Mrs A over at the Butterfly Challenge http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/15-butterfly-in-autumn-colours.html would welcome this as being fine for Autumn Colours :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, love the way the brown lines on the butterfly draw my eye to the brown lines on the flowers. Lovely combo. I am your newest follower. I'll be checking back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way the thin brown lines of the butterfly draw my eye to the thin brown lines of the flowers. Lovely choices. I'm your newest follower. I'll check by soon.

    ReplyDelete