Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Gelli Prints Combined With Diecuts

The first time I saw Gelli Plate prints on Pinterest I knew I had to get a Gelli Plate. For about a year I thought about it and talked about it  and thought about it some more. The day that  my niece said that if her house was on fire the first thing she would  try to save was  her Gelli Plate, that was all the encouragement that I needed. I finally bought one.

Here are some of the card and envelope sets I made using  monoprint papers that I printed using my new  Gelli Plate and acrylic paints.


No two prints are ever the same and it is always a surprise when you lift the paper and see the finished print.


Now, I find myself looking for items that can be used as texture tools for print making. I used a circle stencil to make these prints. A tool that I bought at an office supply store years ago and used to make perfect circles for applique when I made quilts.


I'm really excited about using my die cuts in combination with the printed backgrounds. Love the look. The dies that I used for these cards are Memory Box, Penney Black and Elizabeth Crafts.


Notice that there is a matching envelope for each card. Thanks to the new envelope punch board I can make any size envelopes to go with my new cards.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave a comment and let me know if you like print making with a Gelli Plate.
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment